Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Fire Alarm Testing

Seriously folks is there anything more annoying than fire alarm testing? My office decided that today at 3pm would be a GREAT time to do training for the new security guards (that probably wont be here in a month anyway). Not on a holiday when most of the building staff is gone or even after 5pm when business is mostly done for the day. Do they not realize how difficult it is to try and talk with a client while alarms are going off? Better yet, try and send out an update email at the very least an hour beforehand warning people to break out the Tylenol and earplugs!

Now I used to install commercial grade fire and security alarms and I used to enjoy being the guy with my finger on the button making the pain stop and start at will. I guess this is just payback for all the ears I made bleed back in the day... But, I at least communicated with my co workers so that they were all at lunch or of site during testing.

For starters guys, you need to speak CLEARLY and ENUNCIATE into the microphone when giving directions associated in an alarm activation, unless you are just trying to create mass hysteria, at which time go right ahead and mumble your way through it, we will be sure to trample each other on the way out of the facility.

Stupidity, some people just can't help it!