Monday, February 8, 2010

Happy Hour At Mistral Kitchen

Where do I start...


I guess by saying this should be called the Not So Happy Hour


Not impressed at all, very overpriced, small portions, slow service shall I go on??? I do not plan to ever return. This restaurant like so many others has all the right intentions, but is just somewhat discombobulated and disconnected. First off, the drink menu is not all that interesting, and leaves a lot to be desired. Secondly, the appetizers are no where near consistent in size. One of our party ordered the Cheese Sampler off the menu and it was explained that it was a random sampling of cheeses in the house, what was delivered was a single 1 ounce slice of cheese with a 1/4 of a green apple sliced and a very small dollop of Fig jam, not at all how it was described, I wont even mention the price, what a travesty. 


Following the cheese disaster 3 different people ordered the Charcuterie plate and it came out 3 different ways, it was explained that it was a Chef's choice of meats. The portions were surprisingly ample. After such a dismal first course we all promptly requested the check and left. Like most places, I really wanted to enjoy Mistral Kitchen. As a Chef, I am always excited by new local establishments wherever I am. The best thing I noticed was the semi-private room back in the back of the establishment, even though it was near the restrooms it was fairly secluded. There was another semi-private area outside the Men's room though, not exactly where I would like to sit and enjoy a nosh though.